Monday, March 23, 2015

Stage One: Geometry Building Blocks

Points, Lines, and Planes

To introduce students to the subject of geometry, I began with its fundamental building blocks: points, lines, and planes.

A point is the most fundamental of the building blocks and represents position with a dot and a letter. A line has no thickness and extends forever in two directions and is uniquely determined by two points. A plane is two-dimensional surface consisting of points and lines.

Here are some charts I created that helped my students begin to understand geometry:







These building blocks are key in being able to learn and teach geometry. My students got together in groups and described these building blocks to each other so that they could gain a better grasp on geometry.

1 comment:

  1. Useful information shared Geometry Building Blocks. I am very happy to read this article. Thanks for giving us nice info.

    Geometry Building Blocks

    ReplyDelete